3219 users searched for this homework answer last month and 95 are doing it now, let’s get your homework done.
This Top Homework Answer is Middle School level and belongs to the History subject.
This answer got 140 “Big Thanks” from other students from places like Slayden or Gates.
1. Which best describes the social impact of the Montgomery Bus Boycott? A It made Montgomery city leaders more aware of segregation. B It inspired similar boycotts in other cities across the nation. C It made Rosa Parks famous for her fight for civil rights. D It helped Martin Luther King Jr. retire from civil rights work. 2 Although the many advocacy groups of the 1960s led different types of protests, most A used nonviolent resistance effectively. B used violent resistance ineffectively. C promoted African American self-determination. D promoted African American independence. 3 A direct result of Rosa Park’s refusal to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus in 1955 was A the Greensboro sit-in. B the founding of the NAACP. C the Montgomery Bus Boycott. D the March on Washington. 4 A group that oversaw the Montgomery Bus Boycott and produced important civil rights leaders was A the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. B the Montgomery Improvement Association. C the Congress of Racial Equality. D the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee.
1. The correct answer is B. It inspired similar boycotts in other cities across the nation. This event was very significant in the civil rights movement which started in the 1950’s. It captured the attention of the entire nation. People around the country were made aware of the event because it was launched on a massive scale.2. The correct answer is A. used nonviolent resistance effectively.The boycott had to immediate consequences: 1. It was a solid example for other protests in Southern states that followed 2. It demonstrated the potential for nonviolent mass protest to successfully defy racial discrimination.3. The correct answer is C. The Montgomery Bus Boycott.Greensboro sit-in happened in 1960, five years after and there’s no evidence of direct connection. NAACP was formed on 1909, so Bus Boycott didn’t have any influence and finally, the March in Washington for Jobs and Freedom was held August 28, 1963, eight years later and not immediately. On the other hand, the boycott in Montgomery began on December 5th (four days after Rose Park’s arrest), and it was an evident success. About 90 percent of the blacks who usually rode the buses joined the boycott.4. The correct answer is B. The Montgomery Improvement Association. Black community leaders like Ralph Abernathy, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Edgar Nixon, formed on December 5, 1955, the Association to guide and oversee the Montgomery bus boycott.
Students are also searching for
- which of these battles did not occur during world war ii?
- a synonym for the word “howl” which may appear in a dictionary is
- gasoline prices increase by 50 percent and other things remain the same. as a result, there is
If you have more homework to do you can use the search bar to find the answer to other homework: 350 have done it today and 53 in the last hour.
Help your mates do their homework and share Top Homework Answers with them, it’s completely free and easy to use!